photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bedroom Inspiration

I want to update our master bedroom. We currently have espresso colored furniture which we plan to keep, greenish gold dupioni silk bedding, beige walls, and dark wood rectangular lamps with ivory silk square shades. We've had this same look for about two and a half years now and I'm ready for a change.


I happen to be a huge fan of white linens and am really wanting to go back to that in our bedroom. I am thinking of doing a down duvet with a plain white duvet cover or one with a taupe hotel stripe. Here are my current ideas. I know that I want white linens, taupe walls, and cool aqua and pale blue accents. Initially, I thought that the lamps could be the source of color, but now I am worried that I may tire of them and have included some more neutral options. I would love any suggestions you may have, especially with the lighting.



This room served as my original inspiration. I'd like to use pale blue and cool aqua accent colors similar to these Charlotte Moss vases.




We will use the same color we used in our master bath for the walls. It's the perfect shade of taupe from Benjamin Moore. The exact name escapes me. I want to say Plymouth Rock, though.


Chunky Urn Lamp in Polished Silver (I'd use a lighter shade.)Blue Miro Lamp




Small Gourd Lamp in Celadon Crackle




Stacked Oval Crystal Lamp








All lamps are from Circa Lighting.










7 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

I love the height of the headboard in the inspiration picture. I am redoing my bedroom right now, and am debating about how high the headboard should be. My upholsterer told me that most people design their headboards too short, then are disappointed when the pillows cover up most of the headboard.

MrsKatherineA said...

That's so beautiful Paloma! I love it, it is actually so similar to what I'm planning for our new bedroom.....especially with the white linens, so luxurious and romantic!

Unknown said...

What do you guys think? Should I go for a solid white duvet cover? Any opinions on the lamps?

Sheri said...

Oh, I am loving the all white bedding. That wall color is great, too. As for the lamps, I love the urn one and the celedon one. The shapes are great. I actually have been eyeing this leaded crystal lamp from z gallerie. They are pricey, but I found something passable at bed, bath, & beyond that I may have to settle for. I should send you the links though. I think you might like them, too. :)

Things That Inspire said...

I think the gourd lamp in the colors you are thinking about - that beautiful blue - would be prettiest with a white bed. A bench at the end in a fabric with that blue would also be beautiful, combined with a few pillows that have the blue in them.

I read somewhere that people are going for more tailored beds, so fewer people like duvet covers now (since it is a bulkier look). I am planning on doing more of a blanket cover in white, because it is crisper looking.

franki durbin said...

oh my goodness. Can I move in? I'm really loving the lighting. You have something fabulous happening. And I too have the dark ebonized mahogany bedroom look. We've got gold dupioni drapes, white/ivory/champagne bedding with kind of a persimmon color for accents about the room.

Like you I've been ready to mix it up a bit, but can't part with my lovely bedroom furniture. Instead I'm hoping to use accessories and color to rework it over time.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with white bedding. it screams luxury. I adore my white sheets and have considered (many times) getting a white duvet. I just love the modern, inviting look. I say yes, go for it :)

Anonymous said...

I like all the lamps...Those are really beautiful....