photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Literary Lust

I am currently lusting after the following books:



I Will Never Forget You

This gorgeous coffee table book features the most amazing color photographs of Frida Kahlo taken by one of her lovers, Nickolas Murray. It also includes many love letters written by the pair. Frida is one of my favorite artists of all time. When I saw some of her pieces at the MoMa in New York back in August, I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. My favorite unit to teach in Spanish 3 is art because I get to show my students that she was actually quite a beautiful person who endured an incredible amount of pain without losing her sense of self.




My Last Supper

I've actually browsed through this book and it is incredible. I would say it is a must have for anyone who enjoys cooking or has a penchant for the likes of Anthony Bourdain, Eric Ripért, Gordon Ramsay, Michael Richard, Daniel Boloud, and 45 other spectacular chefs. Each chef tells what they would ideally eat for their last supper. They also include their ideal setting, who they would be dining with, and what music they would be listening to. The book also features recipes for many of the chefs' last suppers.



Barefoot in Paris

Ina Garten is easily my favorite person cooking on The Food Network. I have made several of her recipes and they have all turned out brilliantly. She makes cooking elegant food simple and enjoyable. I already have two of her cookbooks, but would like to add the Paris book to my collection if only for her recipes for Boeuf Bourguignon and Plum Cake Tatin.




Vogue Living- Houses, Gardens, People
Joining the blogging world has really turned me on to interior design. I've always loved beautiful houses, but never knew anything about design aside from what I considered beautiful. I still don't know much, but I thoroughly enjoy reading what my talented designer friends in the blog world write about; the latest trends, old standbys, and personal style. Naturally, I thought this book should become a part of my collection.




Elle Decor So Chic


I want this book for mostly the same reasons that I want the Vogue Living book. Plus, I am an avid reader of Elle Decor. This book also features the homes of many celebrities and it is always fun to gather inspiration from how the other half lives.


I'm also interested in seeing Inspired Styles, the Assouline book which is supposed to be a scrapbook of sorts including the favorite things and personal items of designers such as Kelly Wearstler and Thomas O'Brien. Has anyone seen this yet? Is it any good?

No comments: