photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Jet Set: The Serengeti in Style

Hello LDV readers! Brendan here of (BAD) Blog About Design. I'm taking us on a bit of an adventure for this Jet Set post. The Singita Sasakwa Lodge is located in the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. What I love about this hotel is it's English influenced interiors with an African touch! The hotel has been rated as one of the world's most beautiful hotels for the past few years. People who have stayed at the hotel describe their time here as wonderful. The ability to be so close to nature is unbelievable (yes folks, I'm excited!) (ABOVE) The lobby of the hotel feels like a home. There's no oversized fountains, or large seating areas. Instead, people are greeted by interiors that feel extremely personal. Which piece is your favorite? 

"Point of View: The eye is drawn over the endless Serengeti plains below, to the blue hills in the distant horizon of the land that goes on forever". I could totally see myself sitting on one of those benches drinking some coffee and looking at the nature!
Hello pool! Can you just imagine relaxing in this pool and looking out? I love the wood chairs, such a classic vibe going on here. What a great place for a photoshoot!
"Beyond Exception: A combination of authentic European style with typical East African influences brings to mind a stately home that has stood the test of time". How great would a breakfast, dinner or lunch here be? The furnishings could go in a beautiful dining room.  
The furniture is mainly wood and very heavy. I love the white table cloth and plates. It lightens the furnishings and gives the table a fresh look.   
 This seating area is wonderful. I love the sofa, it has a little Asian influence to it if you will. Having a telescope here is a great idea. I'd look out at the National Park for hours! 
Blissful Isolation: The silence here evokes an extraordinary sense of peace where quite moments await you after an exhilarating safari." I like that the sheets are white, and that the pillows have a strong graphic pattern. A canopy bed is so dreamy.
A separate tub and shower. I love the clawfoot tub. The bathroom is extremely beautiful. Not the type of space you'd expect to see in hotel at this location.   
h"Distinctive Refinement. There's a tangible magic within the manor house, where refined taste is brought to life through impeccable detail." The dining space is extremely refined and rich. So much texture here! I could defiantly have a meal here. What do you think of the hotel? Have you stayed here before?

4 comments:

Karena said...

Oh take me away, I would love to vacation there. An experience of a lifetime!

xoxo
Karena
Feature: Artist Anne Harwell

Thehouseofhampton said...

Stunning! Absolutely stunning! The emotional response to these photos says it all. No words needed. FYI, I did read the post and loved it! Well done.
Sharon
@novarawY

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous post Palmoma !

I have to checkout BAD.

B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

Thanks for all your comments LDV readers!